We recognize the importance of the medium-sized enterprise to the strength of the Economy.
Catalyst Partners’ defined road map for the incubation process which starts with a solid selection criteria and ends with the IPO event.
1) Criteria / Attributes
Existing companies having ‘Proof of concept’ (i.e. not a greenfield ), with minimum top line revenues of EGP 50 million
Scalable business model with no ‘ceiling for growth’
Management depth, energy and knowledge
– Management team have enough depth evidenced by second line management
– Management team are passionate, entrepreneurs with deep knowledge of their own business
– Management team are perceived as engines of growth i.e. have attributes to source high levels of energy to deliver anticipated growth
– Pre-agreed commitment for going public within 2-3 years through an IPO
2) Growth / Nurturing
Nurture the incubated partner in designing and implementing its:
– Vision & Strategy
– Business Plan
– Corporate Governance
– Operating Model
– Operational Efficiency
– Top & bottom line maximized via evocation of efficient business processes
– Bring Incubated Partners to a level of maturity consistent with being publicly offered on Egypt’s stock exchanges.
– ‘Feed’ the equity markets with attractive, liquid traded securities featuring high underlying growth.
– EGX and NILEX is expected to see increasing primary market activity due to inverse relationship between the number of IPOs and size of companies publically listed.
Growth/Nurturing is accelerated through 3 phases that seek to assess the firm’s position, design a business plan, and implement it until the Company reaches the necessary maturity for the next phase.
PHASE I ‘ASSESSMENT PHASE’
Review and evaluate control systems and auditing financial statements in accordance with the Egyptian Standards on Auditing and in the light of the prevailing Egyptian laws.
PHASE II ‘DESIGN PHASE’
Conduct an extended working session with key shareholders and top management (non – shareholders if invited) to agree on the vision of the Company, business plan and financial targets. Analyze historical financial performance and future growth plans for the Company with the aim of devising a suitable financial instrument (e.g. equity, debt or other), that would cater for company specific requirements and an appropriate balance sheet structure.
PHASE III ‘IMPLEMENTATION PHASE’
Assist the Company management as active board members in performing their supervisory roles and implementing the operating model outlined in the design phase.